Thursday, June 14, 2007

Preschool Graduation



Yes, there is such a thing. Clayton graduated from pre-school today with a certificate and a lot of new songs under his belt. He was pretty happy about it. It was short and sweet. He will go again next year to the same place, even though there are some closer to us now. He really likes his teacher and so do I.
We are developing our bsement right now too for our students in July. It's going pretty smoothly and pretty cheaply...which I appreicate. We aren't going to fully develop it right now. Just the bedrooms. My neighbour is chinese and she just brought me over some chinese pie (although I'm sure that's not what they call it) It was super yummy...and it had tofu and shrimp in it...two things I realy avoid but all chopped up it was wonderful. I'm going to get her to eacdh me how to make the dough so I can make my own version and make you all try it. It was delish.
My biggest trial this week will be Claytons attitude. He gets mad when I ask him to come inside or away from something he is enjoying and yells "You're not nice to me" or "I don't like you" A few times now I've even gotten the 'H' word (I hate you) The first time my response was to tell him how nice I really am and that not all mommies take their kids to the zoo, park, swimming, Let's Play and McDonalds, but I felt like I was trying to convince him and myself that I am a good mom, and it didn't feel too good, so now he just gets crap for it. I need to learn not to let my 3 year old talk back to me! I don't have to take it! I'm the mommy! I need to toughen up. Tell me your mean mommy stories....

No comments: