Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Beach



This week the weather has been beautiful so we have done so many outdoor activities. We went to the zoo one day with Kamille and Kyndal and Elliette and had a great time with the animals. LIke it said, it was beautiful so we had a picnic near the butterfly sanctuary while the kids followed the peacocks. The following two days we went to two different beaches. CHaparral and Auburn bay. The kids love the water. I am lucky though that they aren't afraid of it, nore are they too brave. They are pretty easy to watch. SAturday was so darn hot I didn't want to be outside. Now, when I say it was hot, it was 29 degrees. I know half of you are laughing but I hate the heat and the direct sunlight. Preston would love to move to Arizona some day but if I can't bear 29 degrees of hot sun, I would die on Arizona. So, SAturday afternoon we attempted to stay inside. With our new street there are kids riding bikes all the time and everytime Clayton sees one he wants to go outside too...whic is all the time. We sould have gotten a house with smaller windows:) I also scored garage saling at the Chaparral community sale. I got a free queen size bed (which we need for our Taiwanese exchange students in July) and chairs for the kids, and bikes and a kids size vacuum that works, and so much more. We even got a futon that exactly matches the one we have right now! I've been bugging Preston for a livingroom set becuase all we have is the futon in the livingroom..but he kees saying no. So when I found a matching futon for $30.00 he agreed. I'm surprisingly happy with 2 futons in my livingroom. CHaparral is great for garage sales. Not so much garbage like some places.

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

April and I went to the beach too! We went yesterday (saturday) Boy was it nice! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Nancy said...

Look at you garage sale queen. SOunds like you are getting some great things. How did your get together go? I'm sad we couldn't go. 50th birthday is a big deal in the family though. Hope you had fun.