Thursday, June 12, 2008

I took a stand

SO, I was outside with my kids watching the garbage truck and as it came around to ourhouse, I could see the guy doing the picking up was talking on the phone. He was swinging the garbage into the truck with one hand. He came to our house and we had one bag of garbage that was a little heavier than the others and he picked it up, I guess he couldn't manage it while he was chatting on the phone so he threw it back on the curb and got back on the truck. I was standing 10 feet away from him. He didn't look at me, just kept talking on the phone and went on. So, I went into the house and called the city to confirm the weight limit. Then Jordan(my brother) and I took a scale outside to weigh it. We were completely within the limit, if only by 5 pounds. So I threw the bag into the truck and tried to chase down the garbage truck. By then I couldn't find it. So I called the city again and asked for a driver route. O.K. , just so you know, this is usually where i give up and sit at home and fume. But, my kids had been ROTTEN this morning and I was ready for a fight. Well, the drivers don't have routes...or some dumb explanation like that so I asked her what I was suppose to do with this incredibly smelly bag of garbage. She gave me the address OUTSIDE THE CITY that I can drop it off to. At which point I said "I'd like to file a formal complaint" Well, I don't know if I got anywhere, but I was proud that I actually stood up and did something. Today, I will be taking the bag over to my grandpas to get picked up. It's his garbage day.

2 comments:

Kristen McD said...

Oh my word. Awesome. ROFL

We haul our own trash. One of the joys of living outside city limits. But hey, at least when we take our trash out, it's ALL GONE.

The Bullknitter said...

You go, girl!