Friday, June 6, 2008

Garage Sale

So, I have a friend (Hi Deb) who invited me over to pick through her little girl clothes as she is having her last baby....a boy. I came home with an over stuffed bag of what I am thinking is $1000.00 worth of clothing and footwear. and it is all wonderful condition and great quality. I totally scored! However, I opened my big mouth and said she should sell her clothes becuase she would make a fortune. So, we are organizing a garage sale. Yesterday I made cute little cards to invite the rest of my street to participate so we can have a big sale. Kayla and I delivered them in the grossly humid heat and then I came home and made little cards specifically to hand out to people I know that will need little girl clothes. Then I went over to Deb's last night to help her organize the clothes for sale. Holy crap does she have a lot. I'm guessing she will make $500.00 or more but I don't want to get too confident. I think we labeled them all well. T-shirts $1.00, Brandname 'special' t-shirt are $3. Childrens place jeans are $5. and she's got piles of those. Dresses are all priced individually $2-$8. Either way I am excited and I hope it turns out. I will advertise on line and make bold signs to put at the end of some streets. I haven't heard back from anyone on the street yet...I'm trying not to get nervous about that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Do you still have some cards made up?

Im sure theres a bunch of people at work who would love to check it out.

If you do let me know and I'll stop by and pick some cards up.