Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Read the Label

My little rant. My kids love Nutella, which I think is pretty good and I even let Clayton have it for breakfast a few mornings. The first ingredient is Hazelnuts(followed by sugar of course) so I'm just glad it is semi-healthy and he thinks he is having chocolate for breakfast.
Anyways, today i was at Zellars and I decided I would try a different brand becuase it was cheaper and the bottle was bigger. Good deal.
I don't know why but I didn't read it and when I tasted it, it was very sugary. Sugar is the first ingredient and hazelnuts is number 8! Which means I am just feeding him a jar of sugared crap. Yes, I tend to rush when I am shopping and my kids were running all over the store so i wasn't very relaxed. But, it makde me realize sometimes that few extra dollars is worth it, and there is often a reason for it.
Besides that, I have been sweating like a pig in Ontario. I don't like the heat in the first place. Add the humidity and I am miserable. I don't have maternity clothes that are suited for this kind of weather, so even in my capris, I walk around all day feeling like I wet my pants. SO, I bought a flowy dress. I will still ahve to put a t-shirt under it, but atleast I will have a little bit better air circulation:)
I almost bought a classic moo moo. It looked sooo comfortable, but, as comfortable as I am in almost any piece of clothing(most of you have seen some horrendous outfits on my frame)these were just horrible. I couldn't pull it off on my best day. I still want one, but I can't figure out a way to not look 60 and have everyone stare at my. I guess I'll just suffer in the heat...not silently either:)

1 comment:

Kristen McD said...

WHY a muumuu when a sundress is just as good? Bet your mom can come up with something.

And send me one too. lol