Monday, February 23, 2009

SIck Sick Sick

February has been a horrible month for our family as far as health goes. CLayton got Strep throat. Even after a round of anitbiotics his throat started to hurt again so I ran him in for another round. Then I got the worst cold ever. I was so lucky that I got my cold on a Saturday so taht when I felt like the biggest bag of dirt ever on Sunday, my mom could take them to church. She even kept them for the whole day and I stayed in bed all day, which I NEVER do so I must have felt really bad. Of course, I found out a few days later that I was pregnant so I'm sure the icky feelings were doubled up ontop of eachother. Kayla last weekend had a fever for 5 days. I thought it would never end. The wierd thing is, is that was all she got. She didn't get sick or eat poorly, she was just tired and had a few naps here and there. SOme days she even had some energy. After that she developed a small cold and cough. Adeline has been the biggest pain though. She had a cold and fever for 3 days and now she refuses to take her bottle. She is only 6 months, she needs her formula but she flat out refuses..probably more so now that I have tried to force it on her so many times. So we are going to the doctor tomorrow to have her weighed, get his opinion, stuff like that. She eats very well though so I give her cereal everytime she refuses her bottle and I mix it with lots of formula. We're also thrying the sippy cup...kinda hard when she is not so co-ordinated. Preston has managed to maintain is good health through all of this, which is good becuase he is still keeping busy. He put the backsplash up this past weekend and is doing the flooring next weekend. I get a massage tomorrow which I am sooo looking forward too. Now, I am going to make Prestons lunch for tomorrow and try to sneak a bottle into my sleeping babys mouth(unfortunately she is too smart for that too most of the time...but I'm trying anyways)

2 comments:

robinm said...

poor Adeline. She seemed so sad on Sunday. I hope she feels better soon and starts eating too. Jack did the same thign when he was sick. he just would not eat, it was so frusterating!

kyleandtaryn said...

We are a bunch of sickos this month too. It's been crazy!! Hopefully we're all on the recovering side of it. How are you feeling lately?