Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MULTI GRAIN WAFFLES

So I LOVE these waffles. Probably not because they are the best waffles in the world..but because they are healthy and don't taste it. And I'm really afraid that I will throw out my bag of corn flour when it is empty, and loose the recipe forever. So I am writing it here...for me and you. So, they are very soft waffles, not crispy..just incase you love crispy waffles. But they are so sweet and my whole family loves them and they are so much better for you than pancakes so I have made a gigantic mix of it so I can easily make them whenever I want.

1 1/2 C yogurt - I USE VANILLA YOGURT AND IT ADDS SOOO MUCH FLAVOUR. I guess you
could use any flavoured yogurt.
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla - I omit this ingredient becuase I use the vanilla yogurt.
1/4 C oil - of course you can use apple sauce
1/2 C corn flour
1/4 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C flax seed meal - I buy flaxseed and put it in my blender - healthier still!
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 tsp. powder

I makes 8 waffles in my waffle iron. Now, I have made this recipe twice and it has turned out slighty different each time. First time, the waffles were really dark, this time they were light and more fragile. I guess you need to measure the yogurt properly for the right consistancy. Soooo yummy. I know most of you wont try it...but it is here, for when I throw out the flour bag and wonder where my recipe went.

1 comment:

Atlanta Plastic Surgeons said...

Multi grain is very helpful ...much better than the wheat and the other substitutes too...try the multi grain bread also.It is much better for health as it i gluten free. Atlanta Plastic Surgery