Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Settled In

I feel like I haven't come to my blog in a while becuase I've been wrapped up in Facebook. I'm such a crowd follower. Anyways, we have settled into our house very nicely. I have convinced Preston to stay in this house and not move us again so now I have to make sure I budget. That means bye bye cleaning lady....so sad. I love our street. We have some great neighbours and we live in the middle of a quiet street (well it will be quiet when the construction vehicles go away) so everyone gets together and chats in the street in the evening. It's fun. I liked the parks better in McKenzie Towne and New Brighton. They were bigger, more toddler friendly. They have lame little parks here. I gues they figure since they gave us a lake we didn't need any good parks....or maybe I haven't found them yet.
So we have planned our life out right now. I plan to get pregnant in August. My mom told me to remind her not to visit that month:) Then go back to work in December for 4 months to get my hours top collect EI for another whole year. We are milking the system. Why not? I'm just trying to decide where to work. I want a good pay cheque so I can get good EI but I also want to work somewhere fun, like Michaels or The Childrens Place. ANy ideas? I have no degress or anything. Just a lot of office work under my belt. Well, that is our update. If you visit our house it wont look like everyone elses new place. I don't have the perfect living room set, or lovely pictures and matching curtains and certainly no blinds. I'm not that organized. You will see a futon in my livingroom and a lot of missing furniture where there should be some. I have zero desire to shop right now....it's soooo hard to shop for furntiture and I suck at it.

3 comments:

Kristen McD said...

Hey if you wait until September, you, Deb, and I can have a race to get knocked up. :)

Sarah said...

LOL Im in too!!

Kristen McD said...

OMGosh, Sarah that is too funny. It'll be like us, the second generation. lol