Saturday, November 8, 2008

House


So this house is soooo ugly (this post isn't helping my resolve to stop whining in my blog) nd we are planning on doing many renovations. We tiled the bathroom last weekend and this weekend, we are installing the toilet and sink, with the help of a plumber, and tiling the landry room. It's hard to picture this ugly house, so I took some pictures. You can see I tried to paint the kitchen cablinets, and then we just decided we are going to gut it and smash out the wall to the silly little room beside it and make it a little bigger. Along the back of this house, there are 3 rooms. nd they are all tiny so we will have to smash out some walls somewhere. Today our 'guy' will tell us which one isn't load bearing. This room is the dumbest. It is tiny with a fireplace and a huge set of doors. I lady with the same model house says it is suppose to be the family room. It fits a love seat. Thats really it. So we are going to make it our nook and have it open to the kitchen.

As you can see, I did no cleaning for these photos.
Then there is the livingroom. So long and silly, I don't know what to do with this room. Prestons tv will have to go in the basement. It is too big for the room.

I'll have to post more later, but these are he rooms that hurt methe most. I am not a good at design, so I'm nervous about making the wrong decision. Hopefully, but February, I can post beautiful pics of our new home.

2 comments:

Kristen McD said...

Cool thing about the design is, you can always change it if it doesn't work. Plus, it sounds like whatever you choose - you'll like it more than what you have now!

Good luck - and I like your fridge. :)

DenverW said...

Amber & Preston,

First I want you to know I love you. Second I want you to realize a home is something that satisfies a basic human need, shelter. Don't put so much mental energy and concern into it when it is not the perfect house.

We all have things about our homes we don't like. Keep it all in perspective. I know it is very cliche but atleast it doesn't have dirt floors to sweep and keeps out the weather.

I do enjoy reading your blog. I find it quite funny. And your complaining is half the fun.