Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nursing issues

Adeline is a great baby. She sleeps well and smiles a lot. She isn't fussy in the evenings anymore but she still likes to be held a bit. However, overthe past few weeks I've been unhappy with her eating habits. It started with her pulling off or not staying on very well for the first few minutes. I thought maybe she developed a bad latch. Anyways, I would spray milk everywhere when she pulled/fell off. Now, over the past several days. She will sck for 10 seconds and pull off and yell at me. The other day, she hadn't eaten in 41/2 hours so I knew she was hungry but she did the same thing. She wasn't overly grumpy though so it made me question whether she was even hungry but it had ben over 4 hours. She should have been. I had to get Kayla from school so I didn't have a lot of time to waste. She was getting a litle grumy so I threw some formula into a bottle and she sucked 2 ounces back quick. That made me realize she has a problem with me. SO, now I have to figure it out. Huh.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Amber - see a doctor, it could be an infection, like thrush (maybe you don't have yeast yet, but she does) or it could be something you are eating (milk is often a bad culprit as well as strawberry's and citrus fruits) man, I feel for you, I had 3 months of it with Ethan, and it about did me in!

Kristen McD said...

Interesting. Is it an issue with you, or with the milk? Have you tried pumping a bottle for her to see if she'll take it that way? Call my Aunt Linda. I bet she'll have some ideas for you. And good luck!!

adrienne said...

Vienna did the same thing a lot! It helped if I didn't let her get too hungry like- feeding her every 2 to 3 hours during the day. Same thing would happen though and I'd have to pump a bottle and she'd take it. Helps to know that she's already grown out of it. Try not to get too frustrated, it's not you. Give it a couple of weeks.

adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.