Friday, November 7, 2008

Intelligent?

So, the human race is suppose to be the most intelligent, right? Thn why are we so stupid and lazy? I wonder why we make fun or scoff at smokers and then go have a Big Mac. You might not, but I do, and I think a lot of other people do to. Poor diet is just as unhealthy as smoking. We do a lot of other dumb things like not exercising even though it is PROVEN to do our bodies good. Or we don't drink enough water because we don't like the taste. It just makes me wonder how smart we really are if we do such harm to our bodies. The crappy thing is I don't want to change. I still want to eat fatty foods...they are YUMMY!! I guess I'll change with my first heart attack. That is something e humans also do is wait for tragity to say I'll be better. We had an experience with CLayton this week, his teacher told us he was going to go for testing because he is loud during quiet time and likes the toys to be put in the spot they belong (huh?) Anyways, for years I've been telling Preston we need more structure in our home. WHere are they going to learn it? We need to all eat at the table at dinner and not leave t until we are done. We need to read our scriptures and make the kids listen. Well, I've been ignored for years and NOW that we've been presented with a problem, he pipes up and says we need to have the tv off more. HELLO...COMMON SENSE??!!
ANyways..dumb humans. When will we learn.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hey i always thought the part of the Word of Wisdom about eating healthy is just as important as the smoking thing!
PS I had Mcdonalds fried yesterday
:(

Kristen McD said...

We're only the 'smartest' because we haven't figured out how to accurately test dolphins, ;)

adrienne said...

Yeah, but when I eat fatty food it doesn't bother other people or make them fat, but smoking makes things worse for everyone!! I enjoy my unhealthy food as well. I just have to learn that it's all about moderation.