Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Buttermilk Cornbread

So I had a request for the buttermilk cornbread recipe. It is a simple cornbread recipe, nothing special, but it's nice to find a good standard recipe which I feel this one is. I've made it twice in the past 2 days and it keeps getting eaten so it must be good. Next, I am going to progress to the mexican cornbread, which I've had before and love, but have never tried. You put chilis and corn in it or something. If you have a recipe, let me know.

1/4 lb butter - this is the dumbest measurement ever. I like cups or ml. but pounds? I think it is about 1/2 cup but you may actually know.
Anyways, melt it in a pot and stir in
2/3 C sugar
2 eggs
1 C buttermilk (combined with 1/2 tsp bk soda)
1 C flour
1/2 tsp salt

pour into pan 8x8 or 9x9 and bake 30 minutes(ish)at 375.

Yum.

No comments: