Monday, July 7, 2008

Don't ask about the future!

Yes we are still at my moms house. We have nooooo idea what we are doing. Our plan originally was to be here so that when everyone moves out, we will buy the house and renovate and make it our own. Why? It is the perfect house in the perfect location. I think I've already explained before how we can walk everywhere as it is all 2 minutes away. and it is on a very safe, quiet cul de sac so they can run out on the road with minimal chances of harm. (What I hate about our current lcation in Calgary is all the kids play on the road, but it is a 2 way street and cars are always coming one way or the other...not half as safe) I'm sure we could find a comparable property somewhere in the city but it would defeat our other purpose....saving money. This house is rundown and would potentially be cheap to buy off my nana. Another house in a location like this would be $400,000 which is not bad to you Albertans but expensive here, and we want the smallest mortgage possible. So, we are really torn right now. My nana wont talk about it so we don't even know what to expect in the future so we could be sitting here for...well, we don't know. So, there is a house on the market a block away (it is hard to find houses for sale in this area)that I am going to look at today. it is $279,000. with 4 bedrooms and it is right across the street from the school. Busier street, yes but with all the same amenities close by. I don't know. For now, we spent the whole weekend cleaning. We emptied the cupboards and scoured them....I wish we would have taken a before pic, you would have been grossed out. And we re-arranged the living room and in the process we able to get a lot of cobwebs and dustbunnies. So, atleast I feel a little better about living here. We had a home inspection done and she knows there are some leaks in the house in the basement becuase it smells like mould, and we get a fair bit of bugs because the windows are 50 yrs old and have breaches. One thing at a time. For now, the fam. enjoys the pool. SO we have that going for us.

No comments: