Wednesday, April 11, 2007

darn that soother

So I think I wrote previously that we took Kaylas soother away. I lied. We gave it back because she moved into a big girl bed and was having a tough transition. However, a couple days ago, Preston threw Kaylas last soother in a construction bin and I have been cursing him ever since. Kayla has never been much if a cryer but she woke up yesterday at 5:45 and then didn't nap, and THEN screamed herself to sleep for an hour and a half! It was horrible. I have one of those kid proof door handles on the door so she just stood there trying to open the door. I finally relaxed after she fell asleep and then she woke up 3 times in the night and woke up at 6:20 this morning. I know she is still tired so I closed the door and let her scream for 15 minutes. SHe is taking a nap today whether she wants it or not. I will never to this cold turkey again!

2 comments:

Kristen McD said...

How'd it go??

Amber Wigg said...

Horrible! SHe is crying right now. I wonder if she will ever adjust or just cry herself to sleep forever!